Clark County Military History
In the late 19th century, history and genealogy were somewhat popular. To satisfy the need for historical and genealogical information, several publishing companies set out to write histories of most of the counties throughout the country. This is the work that was done on Clark County. It is quite thorough. The writing is at times flowery, at other times confusing. But it is all very interesting.
- The Military History of Clark County
- "Training Day Period
- The Mexican War
- County Military Committee
- Provost Marshal's Department form 1863 to 1866
- Aid Societies
- Clark County's Civil War Soldiers
- Springfield Zouave Cadets, (Mason's) Co. F, Second O.V.I. (3 Months).
- Third Ohio Volunteer Infantry, Co. D (Vanada's), Formerly Old Springfield Light Artillery
- 16th O.V.I. (Three Months) known as the Jefferson Guards
- Company C (Ralph Hunt's), First Kentucky Infantry
- Fifty-Second O.V.I.
- Sixteenth Ohio Independent Battery
- Thirty-First Ohio Volunteer Infantry
- Forty-Fourth Regiment, O.V.I., and Eighth Regiment, O.V.C.
- Fifth Regiment, O.V.C.
- Eleventh O.V.C.
- First Ohio Cavalry
- Sixtieth O.V.I.
- Fifty-Fourth O.V.I., Co. F (Piatt Zouaves)
- Fifty-Eighth O.V.I.
- Seventy-First O.V.I.
- Tenth Ohio Battery
- Seventy-Fourth O.V.I.
- Eighty-Sixth Ohio Volunteer Infantry
- Ninety-Fourth O.V.I.
- Seventeenth Ohio (Blount's) Independent Battery
- Forty-Fifth Ohio Voluneer Infantry
- The Squirrel Hunters
- One Hundred and Tenth Regiment Ohio Volunteer Infantry
- Band of the Second Brigade, Third Division, Sixth Army Corps
- One Hundred Twenty-Ninth O.V.I.
- First Ohio Heavy Artillery
- Thirty-Fifth Battalion
- One Hundred and Forty-Sixth Regiment, National Guard
- One Hundred Fifty Second Regiment, National Guard
- One Hundred Fifty Third Regiment, National Guard
- One Hundred Sixty-eighth National Guard
- One Hundred Eighty-fourth O.V.I.
- One Hundred Ninety-sixth O.V.I.
- Fourth Ohio Independent Cavalry Battalion
- The Thirteenth Missouri Band
- United States Regular Army
- The Champion City Guard, Company A, Seventh Infantry, O.N.G.
- Duquesne Blues
- Springfield's WW II Victory Canteen
Battle of Piqua
Early Clark County
George Rogers Clark
Education in Clark County
Indians in Clark County
The National Road
Springfield in 1852
Springfield in 1863
SHS 1951 Yearbook
Then & Now